Saturday, March 31, 2007

Can you let the "invigilator" in?

Imagine my surprise when I found a note on my desk from the secretary to let the "invigilator" in to "collect the GSAT exams." The invigilator? When the lady arrived I asked: is that your name? or a title? She said my title. So I did a Google search:

Noun
1. invigilator - someone who watches examination candidates to prevent cheating Great Britain, UK, United Kingdom, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Britain, GB - a monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles; divided into England and Scotland and Wales and Northern Ireland
proctor, monitor - someone who supervises (an examination)

You learn something new everyday!

1 comment:

Friar Rick said...

So good to see you guys are finally learning some English. Soon you'll be spelling with full colour, true valour and honour!
Have a great Triduum.
Rick Riccioli