Tuesday, October 30, 2007

No Direct Hit -- Noel

Sunday and Monday saw bands of rain but no hurricane winds. Tropical depression, then tropical storm, Noel hits east of Jamaica Sunday into Monday. The crowds for Sunday Services were down... At Pinto I started with just 3 people... and the collection was half the usual $13k ($200US). The locals tell us: "this is the weather we had when I was a kid...really wet Octobers." On any given day we have no electric for 4 - 9 hours of late, but water pressure to sing about. Just a few more days of October... and maybe things will dry up a bit?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Noel, what is your email? I am in the US but have a place near in golden river, if anyone from the church would like to use the property to farm I woul dbe happy to make use of it to them.

let me know I am at goldenriver@verizon.net